Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Community Service: A Call To the LLC - Dr. Kimberly Engber

A very happy new year to you! I am already looking ahead to the spring semester, and my focus for spring is on community engagement. I challenge each member of the living learning community in particular to serve a campus, civic, intellectual, or creative community in any way you choose, to log your hours or projects and report them to Honors. For sustained service, you will earn a certificate from the dean and a college mug at the end of the semester. Let’s work together to make the worlds we want to live in. And let’s start now! 

To start this service semester, I’ll be joining the WSU School of Social Work for the city wide Martin Luther King, Jr. parade and day of service on Saturday, January 17th meeting at 9:30am in the parking lot of The Christian Faith Center 1130 S. Broadway. 

For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/711762232201528/ 

If you’d like to participate with me as part of an Honors group, please email me by 5pm Thursday the 15th and look for an email on Friday the 16th about a more specific place to meet. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment