Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Vy Le

Keep an eye out for Vy Le, in your classes next semester. She is the 2015 McGregor scholar and, in true Honors College fashion, is not your average smart person.


Le is a graduate of the International Baccalaureate program at Campus High School. Through the program, she learned how to be a “knower” not just a student and developed relationships with her teachers. “My TOK teacher is pretty much my mother. She has been there through thick and thin. She was the one who encouraged me to do IB and she’s also the one who is motivating me
(daily) to endure and complete it. She always pushes me to do my best. Although TOK was
definitely not my favorite subject, I have learned tremendously from it – everything from critical
thinking to questioning my own existence.”
Le was involved with the Chemistry Club, French Club, and other organizations including the Knitting Club. Le says, “I liked being a member (not the president) of knitting club where I could do what I had just learned how to do and be free of responsibilities.” Le plans to study Chemistry at Wichita State University. She is excited about the small class size, the ability to control her own schedule, and the prospect of study abroad. After college, she’d like to have a career in pharmacy, neurology or general medical practice.When asked what she’d like her fellow Honors students to know about her, Le said. “Although I look shy and may be a little young, it’s okay to talk to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment